Molecules To Moles Calculator
Created By : Rina Nayak
Reviewed By : Rajashekhar Valipishetty
Last Updated : May 16, 2023
Need a quick conversion calculator online to determine the conversion of molecules to moles? Here comes the best online molecules to moles calculator that takes the required inputs and provides the desired result in no time.
What is the definition of molecules and moles?
Molecule: Molecules are composed of atoms that are maintained together by chemical bonds like covalent bonds and ionic bonds. Generally, molecules are addressed in terms of their molecular weights and moles in the study of chemistry.
Mole: The amount of substance in a system that includes the same number of basic units as there are atoms in 0.012 kilogram of carbon 12 is called a mole. the symbol to indicate the mole is 'mol'. We know that 1 gram is equivalent to 0.0087094358027487 moles.
Generally, one mole has around 6.02214085774 × 1023 atoms, molecules, and other particles.
How to Convert Molecules to Moles with Example?
The following steps are very useful for converting the molecules to moles:
- First and foremost, you have to know the molecule's given value. For example, 3.35 x 1022 water molecules in a gram of water.
- Now, to convert molecules to moles, divide the number of molecules by the conversion factor ie., Avogadro's constant number.
- Thus, moles of water = molecules of water / Avogadro's number
- Evaluate the expression and get the final output in moles. In this case, moles = 3.35 x 1022 / 6.02 x 1023 = 0.056 moles in 1 gram of water.
Molecules to Moles Conversion Formula
The formula for molecules to moles converter is as follows:
Moles = Molecules / Avogadro's number
Moles = Molecules / 6.02 x 1023
If you need to check other inorganic chemistry conversion online calculators check our portal Chemistrycalculatorpro.com and make your calculations easy and quick.
FAQs on Free Online Molecules to Moles Calculator with Steps
1. How many molecules are in a mole?
There are 6.022 × 1023 units of that substance like molecules atoms or ions in a mole.
2. How do you convert molecules to moles?
Converting molecules to moles can be performed by either multiplying by or diving by Avogadro's number. For more explanation and quick results check our free online molecules to moles calculator.
3. Is mole same as molecule?
No, the mole is a unit of measurement of quantity whereas the molecule is a chemical species made from atoms. The two terms moles and molecules are different terms.